Sunday, August 31, 2008

If You Give a Mom 10 Minutes

I wrote this several years ago when my kids were first into the "If you give a Mouse, Moose, Pig . . ." books. My "favs list" reminded me of it and I thought I'd share it. I hope it makes you giggle.
If You Give a Mom 10 Minutes . . .
(based on actual events in my life)
If you give a mom 10 minutes, she will probably use it to go to the bathroom. When she goes into the bathroom she will notice that a child has put an unusually large amount of toilet paper into the toilet. She will need the plunger.

When she goes to get the plunger she will see the toilet bowl cleaner and think to herself that she might as well clean the toilet after she plunges it,

After doing so she will remember that the toilet bowl cleaner should sit a minute before scrubbing so she will scrub the bathroom sink and counter while she waits.

After doing this she will realize that the sponge she used needs to be laundered.

She will take it to the hamper only to realize that it “ runneth over”.
In an effort to make room for the sponge she will empty the dry clothes from the dryer, switch over the wet clothes from the washer and start a new load of wash.

She will need to fold the dry clothes.

As she puts the clean clothes away in the children’s room she will tidy it.
As she puts the clean dish towels away in the kitchen she will remember that the children have not had lunch.

She will fix them sandwiches and begin to clean up after them only to realize that the dishes in the dishwasher are clean and need to be unloaded. She will do this and then rinse the dirty dishes.

The running water will remind her that she has to go to the bathroom and she will think to herself . . .
“If I only had ten minutes ! !”

3 comments:

Br Boys said...

I LOVE IT!!!! SO True! I glad I'm not the only adult with ADD!

Race Fam said...

You should write a book, that is great and so true.

palacios5 said...

Kellie you might have a hidden talent and didn't know it. I would buy this book and one for each of my friends and sisters. Soooooo true. Just dont' write the book until Bella goes to preschool next year:) I don't want you retiring on me.

Keeping Up With Everyone Else

Family Blogs