Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My First (and last) Formal Gown !


No formals or proms for me in high shool - not that I wasn't asked (well once - i wasn't 16 had to turn him down)There were just a lot of crazy circumstances:Here they are in full detail - send your sympathies would you !

Freshman Year - Sean Roether asked - but I was only 15
Sophomore Year - I was old enough but at the time my heart belonged to Derek Hays who was only 15
Junior Year - Old enough, heart belonged to Jeff Staten - who was also old enough but whose parents had some "anti-formal" rule - couldn't go !
Senior Year - pretty much done with the whole high school thing - there wasn't anybody that I liked enough to spend that much money on so me and by very good friend Yvonne Gu (in an effort to thumb our noses at the whole institution) drove my cute Honda Prelude Morro Bay and stayed in a Hotel and ate ice cream and watched movies all night - Had a great time !

Finally - 6 mos later my darling husband asked me to marry him and I finally got a pretty dress !

7 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

::ahem:: Six months OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL you were engaged???

Wow. Double wow even!

Jonesy said...

Married 9 mos out of high school ! See - I am young huh !

Br Boys said...

I'm glad you explained why you didn't go. I was thinking as I left your house today why you didn't. You had so many other dates. You are my Hero!!

Jonesy said...

your hero ? - because i somehow systematically avoided having my picture taken in a dress and hairdo that I would someday regret? Yours is darling btw - representative of the time but not glaringly or hideously dated ! I guess the word I'm looking for is "classic" !

Memzy said...

I think this is my favorite post of yours EVER. Heart that marriage pic too!

Amy Coontz said...

Guess what, I was married 9 months after grad. too!! But engaged 4 months after, way shorter engagement.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Amazing. Really. Amazing!

Keeping Up With Everyone Else

Family Blogs