Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm getting one of these !

So do you think that my children would have any more respect for the fact that The Kitchen is Closed if I purchased one of these fancy velour ropey thingys and put it at the entrance to my kitchen ? I wish I had a nickel for every time that I go to bed with my kitchen in order (alright - I know I'm a terrible housekeeper - but at least reasonable) only to wake up to whatever mess that some child created after I retired. Generally chocolate milk or cereal all over the counter !!! You would think they would make some attempt to clean up after themselves to keep from getting caught. Apparently they're sneaky AND they're slobs ! This morning it was the stuff that supposedd to be inside the electric pencil sharpener all over the OUTSIDE of the electric pencil sharpener ! and therefore all over the counter. What a delightful morning greeting !!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Kellie - Thanks for entertaining me each day. I soooo look forward to it. Also, I'm glad to know that you have the same problem at your house, which is the a blatant disregard for "the kitchen is closed." Chelsey has a frat party with herself EVERY night!

Amy Coontz said...

If you find a good deal on the ropes let me know.

Jeanette McArthur said...

Out at the mall they have those pull down doors for the stores they lock at night. I want one of those so there's no way they could get in!

Jonesy said...

good idea Jeanette - they'd probly just vandalize the rope anyway !! Or I'd find it attached to Nathan's bike pulling a cardboard box down the street !

Elder Jack Anderson said...

That rope will do no good. My guess is they won't even notice it. They'll step over it in a daze & get out the Hershey's syrup & milk.

Memzy said...

Try one of those door that she suggested up there. That will do it.

Jonesy said...

sounds pretty - i bet the installation on one of those is a beast !

Keeping Up With Everyone Else

Family Blogs