Saturday, October 4, 2008

"I told you so . . ."

It is very rare that my darling husband gets an "I told you so . . ." moment. So I thought it only fair that I humble myself and post it.

Many years ago he purchased a most coveted pair of Reebox "Pumps". He didn't play basketball, in fact he hates playing basketball. But that little ball on the tongue of the shoe that injected air into pockets around the shoe giving it the "oh so perfect fit" was just irresistable.



Well, as some of you may or may not know- John likes to save things. Mostly photos and such. But he is very sentimental (somewhere in our garage is a duffel bag with his high school football uniform, still bearing the mud from the last football game that he played on Griffith Field - do you see where I'm going here ?)

Much to my dismay - he has held on to these shoes for a looong time. I've tried to get him to get rid of them. "They're cluttering up the closet !" But he liked them, and he saved them.

Last night we attended the birthday party of our dearest, bestest friend Amy. It was an 80's theme - because Amy loves all things 80's. Well, my darling husband pulled out these shoes and put them on with a big "I told you so" grin on his face. He was the envy of all the guys at the party. I concede.

But if it's any consolation, his feet were killing him by the end of the night and his socks had this weird black stuff all over them - Your guess is as good as mine !!

5 comments:

Br Boys said...

We were all impressed! Thanks for coming. I had all the left overs for breakfast this morning.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

See, keeping junk for over 2 decades CAN serve a purpose! Your hubby is wise.

Memzy said...

I give him "best shoes" award of the night. For the guys. Cuz I know I had the best shoes for the girls.

cyndi said...

That is awesome. Isn't that why we keep stuff it will eventually come back in style!!!

Love the blog makeover very festive!

palacios5 said...

Peter is still talking about the shoes.... John you can't get rid of them now. Someday soon they will be worth a lot of money.

Keeping Up With Everyone Else

Family Blogs