Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm a cool mom . . . YEA!!!

So we're driving home from the church tonight and the conversation goes like this:

Nate: Mom - you are sooooo cool, you wanna know why ?

Me: Absolutley !

Nate: Because you can lay down on your bed and even if everyone is talking and the tv is on and it's really noisy, you just close your eyes for a like, a couple of seconds and then you fall asleep.

Me: You think that 's pretty cool huh ?

Nate: Yeah, I wish I could do that, it takes me like, f-o-r-e-v-e-r to fall asleep.

Me: I guess I've been working on it for a long time

Nate: Yeah, I guess so.


So you may also consider yourself "COOL" if you are so sleep deprived that you can fall asleep in a matter of seconds in the midst of children talking (loudly), itunes coming from the comp, and spongebob on tv. I know, I should put that on my resume, or maybe not !

7 comments:

Memzy said...

That is DEFINITELY resume worthy. Revise that puppy incase you need to be the mommy of a new family.

And not to brag or anything but I already knew you were a cool mom.

Race Fam said...

That's great, I guess I would be considered a cool mom too, I can fall asleep sitting up, if I'm really tired!

hannah grace said...

i know this isnt one of your quote games, but theres a quote from meangirls that says "i'm not a regular mom, i'm a cool mom!" just wanted to throw that out there. btw, that is a great talent, you should enter a contest or something!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I'm so glad that was the reason you are cool and not because you wear low-rider Hollister jeans & buy your kids cigarettes!

That is definitely a talent, btw... or a survival tactic.

Br Boys said...

Is there anyway I can do become a cool Mom? I cant fall asleep like that for nothing. I'm a little worried that you won't want to hang with an uncool mom. So will you ask Nate if there is anything else that makes you a cool mom and maybe I can do that. Thanks

Br Boys said...

leave out the 'do' in the first sentence of previous comment. Sorry I am from Bako after all. Giggle

Jonesy said...

sadly Amy - i am from bako as well and didn't catch it until you pointed it out. I guess I can read your comments by reading your mind. (yes - we're that close !) I am quite certain that you are queen bee of the "cool mom" club, at least as far as my children are concerned. Until last night I only considered myself "cool by association" with you !

Keeping Up With Everyone Else

Family Blogs