Friday, September 19, 2008

"In a sea of . . . red feathers"

Once upon a time a mom went to mutual to selflessly serve the young women (tie dying - so much fun !) in her ward. Midway through the activity she received a phone call that began with, "just so you know, it's not my fault !" There was no more explanation. When the evening ended the mom returned home to find that someone had staged a full scale attack on a red feather boa from the children's dress up box.

Upon investigating the incident, the children's names were all cleared as the evidence began to appear and the perpetrators had very questionable alibis.



Our houseguests, Ruby and Bella Seany, have been charged with the crime. Their sentence is to endure one more day of incarceration at the Joneses with children who will not leave them alone and two other dogs who have been attacked by the green eyed monster. In the meantime, they are just so darned cute that we will gladly have them back anytime. And we open our home to any of our friends' pooches who might need a place to stay while their humans are gone for awhile.

6 comments:

Br Boys said...

That's just funny!!

cyndi said...

Oh I would have died! When we watched Ruby she taught Molly a naught trick. She taught Molly how to dig. Molly decided that digging is a great past time and every chance she gets she is outside tarring it up!

Molly also like feather boas--- I decided 2 weekends ago I do not like them. . . I am still picking up feathers

SAS said...

Ok, so I owe you a red boa. That is pretty funny. Sorry they didn't help clean-up the mess! Thanks again!

Natalie said...

I just found your blog through Jill's blog. I hope you don't mind me peeking. What a funny sight. I am so glad that it wasn't my Skipper that did that to your boa. My blog is trevnatz.blogspot.com. Add me to your list.

Jonesy said...

NatalieZ - if you come back and read this - you have to add me ! my blogger id is joneses6.blogspot.com

Jonesy said...

and by the way sara - i think i told you but I've been looking for an excuse to "lose" this boa for weeks ! I've been picking up those feathers all summer ! The laugh was worth the 5 minute clean-up !

Keeping Up With Everyone Else

Family Blogs